Waste Management is the exclusive refuse hauler permitted to collect residential trash, yard waste, and recyclable materials in Jefferson Township. New residents must contact Waste Management at CustomerService_MIOHIN@wm.com to establish an account. Please indicate in the email subject line that you are a resident of Jefferson Township, Franklin County, Ohio.
Collection days are Tuesdays. Trash is picked up every week. Effective October 2013, recycling and yard waste are picked up on alternating weeks. Residents living between Hamilton Road and the west side of Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road follow one pickup schedule; residents living between the east side of Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road and the Licking County line follow another schedule.
- Waste Management observes the following holidays: New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day.
- If the holiday falls on a Monday-Friday, Waste Management will be closed the day of the holiday and services will be delayed by 1 day for the remainder of the week.
2017 West District Collection Calendar
2017 East District Collection Calendar
- Effective 2016/2017, a monthly base rate of $15.02 per month will be collected for residential waste, recycling and yard waste removal.
- A 96-gallon wheeled container is provided by Waste Management for residential trash. An additional container is available for rent at $4.00 per month.
- Household recyclable materials will be collected in a green 65-gallon wheeled container with a yellow lid, also provided by Waste Management.
Waste Collection and Recycling
You will receive residential waste collection once per week, and recycling service and yard waste service every other week on opposite weeks.
- Bag and tie your trash inside the 96-gallon cart.
- Do NOT bag household recyclables inside the 65-gallon cart.
- Place your trash cart within three feet of the curb in front of your driveway with the lid opening facing the street.
- Yard waste is to placed inside a compostable yard waste bag no heavier than 45 pounds and acceptable garden growth is grass clippings, brush and shrub cuttings, tree limbs (not to exceed 3” in diameter and 48” in length). Brush and branches that are bundled and tied no heavier than 45 pounds will be collected (no limbs larger than 3” in diameter and 48” in length). Additionally, yard waste may be placed inside a clearly marked (“yard waste only”) container not to exceed 45 pounds.
- Waste Management will pick up all glass (clear or colored, except window and door panes), all plastics #1 to #7, aluminum, tin and other cans; brochures, pamphlets, envelopes, junk mail, magazines, newspapers, and white and colored office paper; flattened cardboard boxes (except pizza boxes); chip board (e.g. cereal boxes), and coated paper (but not waxed, carbon or wet papers, or products like paper towels and tissues that have been soiled or used.
- In order to improve overall customer experience and level of satisfaction, Waste Management has provided an internal email for questions, additional service needs, and issues related to new and existing accounts CustomerService_MIOHIN@wm.com or contact customer service by phone at 1-866-797-9018
Email Customer Service
Please contact Waste Management at 866-797-9018 to schedule a bulk pickup for the following items:
- Carpet - Please cut, roll and tie the carpet in lengths no greater than 4 feet.
- Appliances - Please remove appliance doors*
- Mattresses and box springs**
- Lumber products - Please bundle and tie wood products in lengths no longer than 4 feet.
* All items containing (CFC) Freon must be tagged stating the CFC being removed by a licensed technician prior to pickup by Waste Management.
** Mattresses and box springs must be double wrapped in plastic with duct tape to ensure the safety of Waste Management staff due to bed bug outbreaks.
Household Hazardous Waste
SWACO provides free House Hazardous Waste (HHW) disposal services for all Franklin County residents. Residents can bring their old lawn chemicals, paints, strippers, acids, insecticides, etc. for recycling and/or environmentally safe disposal.
Residential Recycling Drop-Off Locations
Franklin County residents can take recyclables to various drop-off locations throughout the greater Columbus area.
For more information on residential household hazardous waste and recycling, please visit swaco.org or call SWACO at (614) 871-5100.