Full-Time Service Crew
This is skilled work requiring the operation of various pickup trucks, dump trucks requiring a class B commercial driver’s license, large construction equipment, and hand operated equipment. Position is responsible, under the direction of the Service Superintendent, for the maintenance, repair and upkeep of township roads and road right-of-ways, signage, equipment, stormwater systems, parks, cemeteries, buildings/grounds, and open spaces.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Repairs pot holes, cracks, and road berms using a variety of asphalt and gravel materials. Occasionally performs full-depth road repairs.
- Repairs and maintains stormwater systems including catch basins, culverts, curb inlets, swales, and ditches, and storm tile. Landscapes areas after performing repairs.
- Performs snow removal; salts and plows roads and township driveways and parking lots.
- Responds to emergencies as needed including downed trees, snow events, and flooding.
- Completes grounds keeping activities on Township owned properties (parks, cemeteries, building grounds, open spaces), including mowing, trimming, landscaping, etc.
- Opens and closes grave plots for cemetery burials and cremations. Frames and pours headstone foundations.
- Operates a variety of specialized equipment in performing road, building, and grounds maintenance activities, including dump trucks/snow plows, leaf mulching and wood chipping machines, chain saws, backhoe, tractor, boom mower/zero-turn mower, etc.
- Assists in the repair and maintenance of the department’s vehicle and equipment fleet including daily inspections, cleaning and fueling.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years of experience in construction, maintenance, and repair of public works systems
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the materials, methods, and techniques used in road, stormwater, drainage and equipment maintenance and construction activities
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the occupational hazards and safety precautions needed to work with equipment and to perform required maintenance work
- Experience operating equipment including dump trucks, snow plows, backhoes, tractors, and boom mower
- Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature; adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Valid State of Ohio Class B Commercial Driver's License required
Competitive benefits offered including medical, pharmacy, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid holidays; paid time off; employee will participate in Ohio Public Employees Retirement System (OPERS).
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $21.00 to $25.00 /hour
JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.