Jefferson Township Fire Department is recruiting for the position of full-time firefighter/paramedic - lateral transfer or entry level. Candidates must submit an application to the Township and complete the National Testing Network's FireTEAM exam and Personal History Questions (PHQ) by 12 November, 2021. Candidates that possess a valid Candidate Physical Abilities Test (CPAT) or Firefighter Mile certificate will be exempt from the internal physical abilities.
Click the link below to download the application for employment. Completed applications must be submitted by certified mail to:
Jefferson Township Fire Department
Attn: Human Resources
6767 Havens Corners Road
Blacklick, Ohio 43004
Salary Details: $61,027.83 - $83,,709.85 (2022 rate)
Benefits Information: Competitive benefits package offered to full-time firefighters.
- Possession of a valid Ohio Firefighter II certification
- Possession of a valid Ohio Paramedic certification
- Possession of a valid CPR certification
- Possession of a valid NIMS ICS-100 and IS-700 training certificates
- Applicant must be a high school graduate or equivalent
- Must possess and maintain a valid Ohio driver's license and remain insurable under the Township's vehicle insurance plan
- Must have a valid CPAT certificate or Firefighter Mile physical exam (at applicant's expense) achieved within 12 months prior to a conditional offer of employment
- Passing score on the FireTEAM exam
- Possession of a valid Hazardous Material Operations certification is required within one year of hire date
- Experience preferred
Jefferson Township is an equal opportunity employer, tobacco-free, and drug-free workplace.
JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, TOBACCO FREE, AND DRUG FREE WORKPLACE.